Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to RSS Email me

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Autumn Tag



The lovely Vicki from Let's Talk Beauty has tagged me in this as we have had many discussions about our great love for the season that is autumn!

For Autumn what is your…..

1. Favourite thing about it? My wedding Anniversary. We were married three years ago this October and it was the most amazing, sunny, autumnal day. I also first went out with my husband in October 13 years ago now! Also collecting conkers.

2. Favourite drink? As I am firmly off the alcoholic beverages now (although maybe our babies will arrive in time for a Christmas tipple) I am really enjoying chai latte. I love anything chai really but the latte is particularity nice in the colder months.

3. Favourite scent / candle? Cinnamon, always makes me think of the changing of the seasons into the colder months.

4. Best Lipstick? I'm much more of a lipbalm girl but I do like the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lipstain. It's more of a matte finish which I like in the autumn but I still keep my usual pinky colours going.

5. Go to moisturiser? I stick to my old faithful No7 Advanced Hydration. I can be prone to dry skin and this works a treat when it gets cold and my skin needs a moisture boost.

6. Go to colour for the eyes? I'm never that daring with my eye colour but I will use the darker end of my neutral palattes and find myself using my Rimmel Soft Kohl eyeliner more often.

7. Favourite band / music to listen to? I think I lean more towards mellow music in autumn, Smashing Pumpkins, Incubus, Bon Iver and Ani Di Franco are favourites at the moment.

8. Favourite outfit to wear (i.e Boots & a scarf combo)? Not sure this year as I'm pregnant and don't have many winter maternity clothes. Usually I love to wear skirts, tights and comfy boots. I can still fit into my winter boots so they will have to do this year and I love a big knitted scarf and bobble hat.

9. Autumn Treat? Pumpkin Pie. My husband got me into Pumpkin Pie when he first went to Canada and tried some. I make one that is more like a pumpkin flavoured egg custard but it's so good and I can only ever make it when the pumpkins hit the shops. If anyone knows where you can get canned pumpkin in the UK let me know!

10. Favourite place to be? Home - is that a cop out?! I love nothing more than staying in on rainy autumn days. Me and Lucas can stay in our pyjamas and watch Disney films with hot chocolate and snacks; so cosy. Plus I can see the trees from our local park out of our patio doors so I still have a lovely autumn view.








6 comments:

  1. high five to the cinnamon! we can throw it in EVERYTHING!! Yessss! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried Pumpkin Pie, I need to sort that right out. It is my Autumn mission to make one.
    Your wedding photo looks so pretty with the Autumn leaves in the background

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely make one but you should buy ready made pastry, I had to make several batches last year before I got it right! Failing that just come round here for some :)

      Delete
  3. Nice post and lovely autumn photos. I managed to find canned pumpkin puree at my local Tesco, World foods section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! That's great, thank you, I shall have to pop along there this week, it's such a pain getting it all out of the pumpkins!

      Delete

Let me know what you are thinking - I love to read your comments.

 

Hayley from Home | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012