Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to RSS Email me

Friday 5 July 2013

Music Tag

My friend Let's Talk Beauty has done this tag and I really loved it so thought I would have a go too. If you have joined in with this Music Tag let me know I’d love to read your answers. The questions come from Terri’s Blog – Hello Terri Lowe. 



What are your 5 favourite songs right now?
I don't listen to music as much as I did because I used to listen to so much in the car and I don't have a car now. I usually have music on when I'm cooking and I definitely listen to more old music than new! At the moment I'm loving Black Keys - Next Girl, Frank Turner - Plain Sailing Weather, The Pierces - It Will Not Be Forgotten, Rise Against - Swing Life Away, The Gaslight Anthem - Even Cowgirls Get The Blues.

Who are your favourite bands of all time?
There are so, so many but I have been listening to a lot of the same bands for some time now;

Biffy Clyro, Lissie, REM, The Pierces, The Pixies, Blink 182, Incubus, Placebo, The Black Keys, Frank Turner, Alkaline Trio, Rise Against, The Gaslight Anthem, Bruce Springsteen  Dropkick Murphys, Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters.

What is the most played song in your iTunes?
My most played song is Love Ire & Song by Frank Turner.

What song can you not get out of your head?

Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones - I don't even really like The Rolling Stones but it has been stuck in my head all week.

What was the last album you bought? 
Frank Turner - Tape Deck Heart

What was the last single you downloaded?  
I don’t really download singles but it was probably a charity one, maybe the Hillsborough Justice version of He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother.

What is your favourite band right now?

A tough one but probably Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls, we've seen them live twice this year and I never get fed up of listening to them.

What is your favourite type of music? 
Probably Alternative and Rock but I really will listen to most types of music, I love a bit of Motown!

In your 25 Most Played list, what is #10?
Back to the Motor League by Propagandhi

What was the first gig you ever went to?
In 1995 my Mum took me to see Take That for my 11th birthday, we went to Manchester MEN on a coach and I loved every second of it; I was so excited when she surprised me with the ticket for my birthday.

What was the best gig you’ve ever been to?
The most memorable would be Smashing Pumpkins on Halloween 2000 in the Manchester Apollo; Billy Corgan and Melissa Auf der Maur dressed up as Posh and Becks and seeing Billy Corgan in a Manchester Untied kit was a unique experience! Dropkick Murphy's have got to be one of the best live bands I've ever seen, I didn't even like them that much until I saw them live. Me and my husband see them as much as we are able to; we just love them!

And finally, if there was one band/album/song you would recommend everyone listening to RIGHT NOW, what would it be?
Frank Turner  - Love, Ire & Song



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you are thinking - I love to read your comments.

 

Hayley from Home | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012